Activities & Ideas for Mentors
Activities for Mentors
Choose from the list below of suggested mentor/mentee activities.
• Go with your mentee to the school's library or media center and check out the headlines of the latest newspapers from around the country.
• Ask how they are doing in school.
• Research and talk about famous people who used their abilities to get ahead.
• Make greeting, get-well, or holiday cards to give to other people.
• Bring a board game.
• Look at a map and talk about places you would like to visit.
• Set personal goals.
• Play sports in the gymnasium. (If school allows)
• Work on the computer in the media center.
• Write stories together.
• Do a jigsaw puzzle.
• Build a model.
• Bring in a photo album, and share pictures of your family, house, and pets.
• Discuss favorite hobbies.
• Read the same book and talk about your favorite parts.
• Write a letter to a former teacher, a cousin or relative in another community, an old friend, the editor of a local newspaper, etc.
• Ask the questions for the driver's license test.
• Listen, listen, listen.